.: Dada Mail
:: Family Shield Ministries News archives ::
MERRY CHRISTMAS! Enjoy this 3 minute musical piece about saying “Merry Christmas” at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAckfn8viAQ.
CHRISTMAS AND HOLIDAY TRADITIONS. The following are traditions you and your family can enjoy. * Set out a small box or basket of paper scraps at the beginning of December. Each time a family member feels thankful for something or someone, have them fill out a piece of paper and put it into the box. After dinner, read the notes. Or, have a basket of small magnets and attach the notes to the refrigerator. * Have a table set up with a big jigsaw puzzle for children and adults to do as they wait on the meal. * Have each guest bring a gift for a worthy cause. This might include non-perishable food or basket to a needy family or child away at college. * Bring out a tray of coffee and hot chocolate garnishes. Hollow out mini pumpkins and line with plastic wrap. Fill each with different flavoring such as whipped cream, sugar cubes, cinnamon sticks, and chocolate sticks. Line the tray with beautiful fall leaves. * Serve a special family breakfast. Make Indian or a Tepee pancakes. Tuck three bacon strips behind the pancake for the headdress. Provide squeeze bottles of syrups to decorate the face and headdress. * Bring out Christmas books and pictures. * Record a family Christmas message on the answering machine. * For those far away, especially children, wrap up 24 small holiday gifts and a special one for the 25 of December. Number them. Include a note or Bible verse with each one. Have the children open one gift each day before bedtime or dinner. * Have a family slumber party one weekend in sleeping bags under the tree. * Keep a Christmas photo album. Frame Christmas pictures to put up only during holidays. * When your kids visit grandparents, ask them to share a memory or story of a special memory of the holiday when they were young. * Make homemade stolen or bread. * Make an ongoing family Christmas video. Include preparation of the preparations as well as actual day. Play Christmas music in the background. * Organize a Christmas cookie exchange and enjoy an afternoon with friends. Invite 5 friends and have them bring six-dozen cookies. Everyone keeps a dozen and gives each friend a dozen. Exchange recipes. * Remember those in need. Collect pennies or change in a jar all year. During the Christmas holiday select what family or organization you will give a gift to. Involve the children in the decision. * Decorate a gingerbread house each year with your family. * Make a paper prayer chain in red and green colors to decorate your kitchen or family room.
TWELVE RADIO SPONSORS NEEDED TO SUPPORT THE KANSAS CITY MARKET. Twelve weekly sponsors of the Bott Radio Station are needed to keep the Kansas City (KCCV 760 AM) program airing in 2008. Kansas City sponsors support one week of airtime with a donation of $300. It can be paid in one annual donation, monthly at $25, or quarterly at $75. If you are interested in helping us reach out with the Gospel write “Kansas City Outreach” on your donation.
LOOKING FOR AN APARTMENT IN ST. LOUIS? A two bedroom upstairs unit with living room, dining room, eat in kitchen, screened porch, garage, fenced year, washer/dryer and central air is available at 5007 Goethe in south St. Louis, Missouri for $660 a month with a one year lease. A deposit of one month’s rent is also required. The apartment will become available on 1/1/08. Call Angie to learn more at (314) 351-6685.
RADIO STATIONS, SCHEDULE, AND WEBSITES THAT CARRY FAMILY SHIELD. Family Shield is produced and aired on AM 850 KFUO—St. Louis, Missouri at 11:05 a.m. on Saturdays and can also be heard at www.kfuo.org. The following week it is aired on all the other radio stations. They include: KCCV AM 760—Kansas City at 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays and at www.bottradionetwork.com. WLUJ FM 89.7—Springfield, IL and affiliates stations that include: 88.1 FM Petersburg, 88.3 FM White Hall, 100.1 FM Decatur, 100.1 FM Lincoln, 93.5 FM Jacksonville. The programs are aired at 12 noon on Sundays and at www.wluj.org. WCGN 89.5 FM—Chicago, IL at 7:00 p.m. on Wednesdays and at www.cuchicago.edu/multimedia/wcgn. KNGN AM 1360—McCook, Nebraska at 3:00 p.m. on Sundays. WGVE 88.7 FM in Gary, Indiana at 1:00 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
FAMILY SHIELD RADIO PROGRAM
December 8/9 & 15/16. Topic: Biblical Ministry Methods. Guest: Kevin Meyer *** December 15/16 & 22/23. Topic: A Christmas Special. Guest: Rev. Roger Sonnenberg, Chairman of Family Shield and pastor of Our Savior in Arcadia, California. *** December 22/23 & December 29/30. Topic: Children and Divorce. Guests: Dr. Mark Hannemann and Kristen Ruttencutter. *** December 29/30 & January 5/6. Topic: What Does the Bible Say About…? Guest: Dr. Ron Rhodes. *** January 5/6 & 12/13. To be announced. *** January 12/13 & 19/20th. Topic: Deaconess Nurses Minister. Guests: Debra Patterson, Sharon Ema, and Josephine Fields. *** January 19/20 & 26 & 27th. To be announced. *** January 26/27 & Feb. 2/3. Topic: Humanitri—Merging Ministries. Guests: Robert Otrembiak & John Schoedel. *** February 2/3 & 9/10th. Topic: Memory Home Solution for Caretakers of Alzheimer’s. Guests: Lisa Baron and Stefanie Osiek.
I THANK MY GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST FOR ALL OF YOU, BECAUSE YOUR FAITH IS PROCLAIMED TO ALL THE WORLD. FOR GOD IS MY WITNESS, WHOM I SERVE WITH MY SPIRIT IN THE GOSPEL OF HIS SON, THAT WITHOUT CEASING I MENTION YOU ALWAYS IN MY PRAYERS. FOR I AM NOT ASHAMED OF THE GOSPEL: IT IS THE POWER OF GOD FOR SALVATION TO EVERY ONE WHO HAS FAITH, TO THE JEW FIRST AND ALSO TO THE GREEK (ROMANS 1:8-9, 1:16). We invite you to join us in praying for:
* God’s wisdom and guidance for Family Shield Ministries including employees, volunteers, supporters, and the Board of Directors.
* Rev. John and Angie Burger. John recently received a call to be a Missionary-at-large/evangelist. He has agreed to raise his own financial support. Pray that the Lord would open doors for these funds.
* The Ablaze! Connection outreach. That they will find more and better ways to reach beyond the walls of the church and that technical problems will be resolved.
* Lutheran Hour Ministries, its Board of Directors, and Lawrence Lumpe, the new interim executive director.
* The Columbia, IL MOPS group and their goal to share Christ with women who attend their meetings who do not know Christ. MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers.
Jennifer. Increased faith, joy in Christ, grief healing, and courage to take the adventurous trip the Lord leads her on.
* Kan. To grow in Christ, and support her mother.
* Kristi. To grow in Christ and have spiritual support as she develops through adolescence.
* K. Taylor. To support his wife in getting help and taking the trip she wants to take. To have a receptive spirit to his wife’s goals.
* Janel. In the midst of a divorce. Also pray for Lonnie.
* Buzz, his wife, and daughter. Buzz and his wife are going through a trail separation. Pray for healing.
* Jeff. Praise and thanks to God that he was not injured in a recent car accident.
* Gloria. Seeking a new job in ministry as a Deaconess. Pray that the Lord would open the door for the right position.
* Coreen Jander, pregnant with third child. She is on partial bed rest. Pray for health and healing, safety for her and the baby boy, and wisdom for the doctors. Now in thirty-six week.
* Carl. Pray that the he will contact his parents.
* Wendy is fighting a child custody case. Pray that God's will be done.
FAMILY SHIELD MINISTRIES, INC., PO Box 230015, St. Louis, MO 63123-6070. For information call: (314) 772-6070, 1-866-370-6070, or www.familyshieldministries.com and
You are subscribed to the Family Shield Ministries News List with the following email:
You may automatically unsubscribe from this list at any time by visiting the
<< Family Shield Ministries News Message
| Archive Index |
Family Shield Ministries News Message >>
Search this list's archives:
Powered by Dada Mail 2.8.15Copyright © 1999-2004, Simoni Creative.